Potential Partner Families must meet three basic requirements:
- They must demonstrate a need for housing. This need might be created by:
They must be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity. This partnership will include:
- Overcrowded conditions
- Current housing in need of major unattainable repairs
- Basic housing costs unaffordable
Partner families must be willing and able to make a mortgage payment
- The willingness of families to invest hundreds of hours of sweat-equity, working on their own home and the homes of others, before receiving their home.
- Attendance and participation in a variety of workshops, including home ownership, construction, maintenance and financial management.
- Partner Families purchase their new homes from their local Habitat affiliate
- Families must have a minimal amount of debt and have a steady income source
- The Habitat no profit/ no interest mortgage must be repaid within 20 years
- All payments made to Habitat for Humanity go directly to helping build more new homes
Habitat for Humanity of Johnson County will be accepting applications March 1st - April 30th and August 1st - September 30th. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only applications received in these timeframes will be eligible for consideration of being a partner family with Habitat for Humanity of Johnson County for the stated builds.
Print out an application from our brochure: Apply For A Home