Potential Partner Families must meet three basic requirements:
- They must demonstrate a need for housing. This need might be created by:
They must be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity. This partnership will include:
- Overcrowded conditions
- Current housing in need of major unattainable repairs
- Basic housing costs unaffordable
Partner families must be willing and able to make a mortgage payment
- The willingness of families to invest hundreds of hours of sweat-equity, working on their own home and the homes of others, before receiving their home.
- Attendance and participation in a variety of workshops, including home ownership, construction, maintenance and financial management.
- Partner Families purchase their new homes from their local Habitat affiliate
- Families must have a minimal amount of debt and have a steady income source
- The Habitat no profit/ no interest mortgage must be repaid within 20 years
- All payments made to Habitat for Humanity go directly to helping build more new homes
For more information, see our Homeowner Program Guide.
Habitat for Humanity of Johnson County will be accepting applications March 1st - April 30th and August 1st - September 30th. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only applications received in these timeframes will be eligible for consideration of being a partner family with Habitat for Humanity of Johnson County for the stated builds.
Print out an application from our brochure: Apply For A Home